Omnicane Thermal Energy Operations (La Baraque) Limited, a major power plant on the island of Mauritius, based at La Baraque, producing energy from coal and bagasse as fuel and supplying steam and energy to La Baraque Sugar Mill is recruiting an Electrical Technician.
- Ensure that all activities under the electrical technician’s responsibility comply with legal, environmental and other health and safety requirements
- Ensure that plant operations remain within defined parameters
- Execute tasks assigned by the Electrical Department Management
- Ensure that equipment is working properly and report all failures and malfunction to the relevant department
- Read and modify Electrical and Control Schematics
- Carry out electrical tests in ELV, LV and MV Systems
- Perform regular inspection and repair of all electrical equipment of the power plant
- Efficiently manage time and complete all tasks assigned
- Certificate in Engineering or BT in Industrial Electrical/Electronic or any other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in maintenance in an industrial environment
- Experience in Electrical Installation based on IEC Standards
- Ability to work under pressure and perform manual tasks as required
- The Electrical Technician should be prepared to work on Sundays, odd hours and public holidays in accordance with exigencies of the service
- Sound knowledge in Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation
- Well organized and responsible
- Strong team player
- 6 months’ probation period and upon satisfactory completion, the selected candidate may be appointed in a substantive capacity.
- Terms and conditions will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application should be made on application form, available on the web site and sent, together with detailed CV, passport size photograph and copies of certificates/testimonials to the:
H R Department,
Omnicane Milling Operations Limited,
La Baraque, L’ESCALIER
- Candidates having previously applied for a post at Omnicane should send a fresh application following this advertisement.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and the company reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.