ACADEMIC YEAR 2015/2016
Applications are invited from qualified students from low income families residing in the districts of Grand Port and Savanne and who wish to be considered for Scholarship for Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) and Undergraduate courses by Omnicane Foundation.
Students should satisfy the following conditions:
- Be residents of the Republic of Mauritius and come from any locality falling under the Grand Port or Savanne District Councils
- Having secured or been enrolled on a full time programme, in any Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) institution approved by the Mauritius Qualifications Authority or University of Mauritius or University of Technology, Mauritius
- Be member of a family whose monthly income does not exceed MUR 15,000
- Not be beneficiary of any other grant or scholarship
SCOPE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The Scholarship will cover the full costs of tuition fees, text books, examination fees and library fees up to a maximum of MUR 30,000 per annum per student.
- The scholarship shall cover the entire duration of the course but limited to a maximum of 3 academic years for TVET and 4 academic years for undergraduate courses.
- The Scheme shall cater only for training provided by local training institutions.
- Selection of beneficiaries of the Scholarships shall be carried out by members of Omnicane Foundation and their decision shall be final.
- The beneficiaries must subscribe to an Agreement to follow and complete the Programme of Studies, and immediately inform Omnicane Foundation if they obtain another scholarship/grant or decide to withdraw from the Programme of Studies.
- Renewal of the Scholarships for the 2nd and subsequent years will depend on academic results for the previous academic year, attendance and conduct as certified by the training institution.
- Applications must be made on the prescribed form downloadable from www.omnicane.com accompanied by copies of the following supporting documents:
- One recent passport-size photograph
- Birth Certificate and National Identity Card;
- National Identity Card of Responsible Party/ies;
- Marriage certificate of parents;
- Evidence of monthly income of parents,
- Evidence of enrolment or offer of a seat;
- Utility Bill (CEB, CWA, MTelecom) not older than 3 months for proof of address
- Applications along with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope marked ‘Omnicane Foundation Scholarships’ should be sent by registered post to the CSR Officer, Omnicane Foundation, La Baraque, L’Escalier, for TVET by 30 April 2015 and for Undergraduate courses 24 July 2015, at latest.
- Applications received after the closing date and/or not supported by the relevant documents will not be considered.
- Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
- Omnicane Foundation reserves the right not to allocate any Scholarship or to allocate a lesser number of Scholarships following this advertisement; and to take any action as deemed appropriate in case of misrepresentation and/or submission of false information.